Please follow the steps to copy a phytosanitary certificate application on the Plant Health Exports Service (PHES):
Step 1: Log into your Government Gateway Account
1. Enter your Government Gateway ID and password at https://exporter.apply-plant-export-certificates.service.gov.uk.
2. From the dashboard, decide which application you would like to copy.
Step 2: Copy Application
3. You can copy any application regardless of status. Click ‘Copy’ next to your chosen application.
4. Select ‘Yes’ to ‘Are you sure you want to copy this application?’ and then click ‘Continue’.
5. Select ‘No’ to ‘Do you want to reuse the same application reference?’, enter a new reference then click ‘Save and continue’.
6. You are now taken straight to the ‘Review your answers’ page. The information input into the original application has been copied across to the new application. Note that any attachments on the original will not be copied across.
7. Click ‘Change’next to any commodity you wish to amend, or ‘Delete’ next to the commodity to remove it entirely.
8. To add new commodities to your copy, click ‘Add more’under ‘Your commodities’.
9. Enter the commodity details as usual, then click ‘Save and continue’. NB – to bulk upload commodities into a copy, refer to Step 15.
10. You are returned to the ‘Review your answers’ page.
11. Check the rest of the details on the review page and click ‘Change’ next to any which require amendment (e.g. date of inspection, value of consignment). Overtype to make the change, then click ‘Save and continue’. Once all is correct, click ‘Continue’ at the bottom of the page.
12. Enter the date the certificate is required by and click ‘Continue’.
13. Tick the exporter declaration and then click ‘Submit application’.
14. The copied application has now been submitted. Click ‘View your applications’ to return to the dashboard.
15. When replacing commodities, after deleting the original commodities and clicking ‘Add more’, you will be bought back to the add ‘one by one’ option. To bulk upload commodities, click the ‘Back’ hyper-link (top left).
16. This returns you to the ‘Review your answers’ page, click the ‘Back’ hyperlink again (top left).
17. This returns you to the main application page – as for a new application. You can see the fields already completed with data from the original application you copied. Click the ‘What’s in your consignment?’ hyper-link and select ‘All at once by uploading a file’. Once uploaded, go to section 3 and submit.