The Secretariat of the International Plant Protection Convention (IPPC) has published a series of draft international standards (ISPMs) for country consultation.
The drafts are in two batches. The first batch consists of those which are out for the first round of consultation and the second consists of those which are out for the second round of consultation.
1. First Consultation
We are not constrained in the type or number of comments we can make on these drafts. It is also important to identify any potential implementation problems.
- Draft annexes to ISPM 27 (English only)
- Draft annex to ISPM 27: Diagnostic protocol for Striga spp. (2008-009)
- Draft annexes to ISPM 28 (English, French & Spanish)
- Draft PT: Irradiation treatment for Bactrocera dorsalis (2017-015)
- Draft PT: Cold treatment for Ceratitis capitata on Prunus avium, Prunus domestica and Prunus persica (2017-022A)
- Draft PT: Cold treatment for Bactrocera tryoni on Prunus avium, Prunus domestica and Prunus persica (2017-022B)
- Draft PT: Cold treatment for Ceratitis capitata on Vitis vinifera (2017-023A)
- Draft PT: Cold treatment for Bactrocera tryoni on Vitis vinifera (2017-023B)
- Draft PT: Irradiation treatment for Bactrocera tau (2017-025)
- Draft PT: Irradiation treatment for Carposina Sasakii (2017-026)
- Draft PT: Irradiation treatment for the genus Anastrepha (2017-031)
2. Second Consultation
These drafts have already been out for consultation, redrafted by the IPPC Standards Committee, and prepared for final consideration. We will seek only to submit crucial comments on these drafts: those that concern issues arising in the drafts which would cause significant misunderstanding or major problems of implementation. Responses to first consultation comments are recorded in the SC-7 report.
- 1994-001 Draft 2018 Amendments to ISPM 5: Glossary of phytosanitary terms
- 2009-005 Draft Revision of ISPM 8: Determination of pest status in an area
- 2014-002 Draft ISPM: Authorization of entities to perform phytosanitary actions
- 2014-006 Draft ISPM: Requirements for the use of modified atmosphere treatments as phytosanitary measures
If you wish to comment on any of the above drafts, please send your comments to email@example.com:
- Before 1 August 2019 (for Annex to ISPM 27: Diagnostic protocol for Striga spp. (2008-009))
- Before5 August 2019 (for the draft annexes to ISPM 28 and draft standards within the second consultation)
Comments will be considered and where appropriate submitted by the UK’s representatives at meetings of the European and Mediterranean Plant Protection Convention (EPPO) and the European Council during September. The European Commission will submit agreed comments on behalf of Member States to the IPPC Secretariat in late September.
Colleagues outside the UK wishing to comment should do so via their national plant health authorities.