Importing plants and plant products from the EU
Defra have recently published new guidance for importing plant and plant products from EU – GB after the end of the Transition Period. This has been updated based upon valuable feedback provided by stakeholders in feasibility sessions and bi-lateral engagement. Please view the documents below for the most recent import policy guidance, including multi-drop policy, Place of Destination Service Level Agreements, and frequency of checks.
- New imports timeline (email sent 11/03/21)
- Check whether the plants or plant products you import from the EU are subject to plant health controls
- GB Reduced Check Regime and Frequency of Physical Checks for Regulated Imports:
- Guidance: Phytosanitary certificate and pre-notification requirements for Place of Destination (PoD) ‘multi-drop’ consignments, and consignments split across lorries
- Instructions on how to complete the spreadsheet to record details of imported plant material for uploading on to the PEACH system
- Marketing Standards narrative map (Import and Export of Fruit and Vegetables between GB and EU subject to Marketing Standards)