BETA Your feedback will help us improve the UK Plant Health Information Portal

Authorised Trader Scheme

Authorised Trader Scheme

There is currently an arrangement in place allowing authorised traders, such as supermarkets and their trusted suppliers, to move some goods from Great Britain (GB) to Northern Ireland (NI) without the need for official certification. 

Supermarkets and their suppliers, currently do not need to complete health certificate paperwork, including phytosanitary certificates, for agri-food produce. 

If you’re moving plants or plant products from GB to NI, you do not need official certification, such as Phytosanitary Certificates (PCs) or marketing standards certification. 

More information is available on and the Q&A guide.