Our use of Cookies

This site uses only cookies strictly necessary to ensure the site works correctly.

Please read about how we use cookies.

Hide this message

Strictly necessary and non-essential cookies

By clicking accept all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies and to our cookie policy.

We use third-party cookies on this site.

You have accepted necessary cookies only

You can change your cookie settings at any time
Hide this message

BETA Your feedback will help us improve the UK Plant Health Information Portal


Forestry Commission Guidance

Plant Passporting for wood, wood products and bark 

Since 1 January 2021, EU plant passports have no longer been used in England, Scotland and Wales to export wood, wood products and bark, as they have been replaced by UK plant passports. Find out further details in this factsheet 


Exports of wood, wood products and bark 

If you are exporting wood, wood products and bark, you need to check whether a phytosanitary certificate (PC) is required by contacting the plant health authority or a plant health inspector in the destination country. Find out more in the Exports Guide 

If you have growing media attached to, or associated with, the product you’re exporting, there are special requirements you must meet