BETA Your feedback will help us improve the UK Plant Health Information Portal

Exporting plants and plant products to the EU and NI

Export plants and plant products

When you export regulated plants and plant products from Great Britain (England, Scotland and Wales) and Northern Ireland (NI) to other countries, you’ll need to:

  • check if your plants require laboratory testing of samples to ensure they are free from pests and diseases or inspections during the growing season - contact your local plant health inspector to find out if your plants need these tests before exporting

  • check whether a phytosanitary certificate (PC) is required by referring to the destination country’s profile page on the International Plant Protection Convention's website
  • apply for a PC from the relevant UK plant health authority before export


Further guidance is available on and below:

  • Exports Guide - What requires a phytosanitary certificate for exports to the EU.